Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We shall mourn the loss

He may have left us, but we pray that it shall only be for a short while. I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all of our instructors. Although not all of the lessons were easy, they were all valuable. We have learned from you all and I believe I speak for a large portion (if not all) of us in saying, we hope to see you back here training the next crop of dolls for the Dollhouse. Without further delay, here are today's delicious little tidbits:

I noticed something this morning. There is no need for Umbrella Corp to develop the T-Virus to turn people into zombies. They already exist. They are called commuters

Security is a wall. It protects you, but every wall has holes, doors, windows, a top, and/or a bottom.

"What I love about working here is Pants-Free Fridays" - thanks Phil

"ASR makes me happy: My Oasis of Calm has dried up. However, my Garden of Angry is flourishing quite nicely" - thanks Phil. You're on fire today

Perhaps we could get some Koosh balls again?

I can has SQL injection?

assert("rhubarb".equals("are who barb")) - FAIL
assert("bound parameter".equals("Bong Kremlin")) - FAIL (thanks Phil)

I feel as if i'm watching Winnie the Pooh tied to the stake and refusing the blindfold
Winnie is a brave soul. Don't deny him his final dignity - Phil

Obviously women want nothing to do with him with JavaScipt skills like that

Me: Is this what suicide feels like?
Phil: I think this is what blindness feels like, 'cause I can't see shit, cap'n

Damn the man! - thanks Moak
Listen, kids don't smoke because a camel in sunglasses tells them to. They smoke for the same reason adults do, because it relieves anxiety and depression. And you'd be anxious and depressed to if you had to put up with these pathetic insecure striving anal yuppie parents who enroll you in college before you're old enough to know which side of the playpen smells the worst. And then they fill you full of Ritalin and drag you all over town in search of meaningless structure. Little league, cub scouts, swimming, soccer, karate, piano, bagpipes, water colors, witchcraft, glass blowing, and dildo practice. They even have play dates for Christ sakes. Playing is now done by appointment. .... Hey, no wonder kids smoke, it helps - George Carlin (thanks Phil)

"A long time ago, I was playing Tetris on a 16 byte machine...I reached the score of 65535 and next score was -65535..." - partial Fail
Obscure and threw me through a loop. US release of Tetris was on the 8-bit NES platform and had a much higher max score. But the original Russian version was on the 16 bit Elektronika 60. Damn my American mindset

Gooin' to the cube farm and we're gonnna write luua

Who needs private key signing when you have Garth key signing? - thanks Adam

That doesn't necessarily mean that the two of you will birth a computer

Me: Oh good lord (looking at some XML)
Garth: Yes?

Grow a pair and write your own damn device drivers - My response to m'Adam stating that OSX is simply Unix with proper device handling

It is with great sadness that I say this farewell for as our projects take us in different directions, the quips are likely to become far more sparse. But let us hope that they only get more prevalent as my sanity wanes. It is now time for me to depart and partake in the joy that is the beautiful smell of a freshly opened game (Halo ODST). As a side note, feel free to post comments, and anyone who has trouble doing so and wishes to post, you know where to find me. Good night Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment