Tuesday, September 15, 2009

wait whaaat?

Another beautiful day today. I fear I may not be able to make a post tomorrow, so you will have to savor these. Enjoy them, and I hope they will hold you:

WSDL: It sounds just like Hell, but you need to weave your own handbasket. - thanks Phil

"Feral Turkey" -- thanks Nick

http://99-bottles-of-beer.net - Great find m'Adam

Phil: "Be gentle, it's my first web service"
Spring WS: "I DON'T THINK SO! MUAHAHA"

Seek ye Garth, and ye shall be baptized in web services

Me: What happens if you have a context defined for "a" and it is deployed as b.war, then you deploy one with no context defined as a.war?
Phil: An angel gets its wings?

This is a web service endpoint, we don't serve YOUR KIND here

Garth says, every time a bell rings, a web app gets its .war

Me: So the container will simply barf in its own special way?
Garth: Yes, I couldn't have put it better myself

Always have some buzzword to be able to point out an error. i.e.: Another team's WSDL is not WSI Basic Profile Compliant translates into: That bit wrong you fix

In reference to Glassfish: aren't crutches for the weak or injured?

"A couple of you are trying to be clever, and I'd like you to stop it" - The Gospel as spoken by Garth

"Yeah, I didn't touch you in any special way" - thanks Garth (context: he borrowed my laptop to verify students would be able to access an exercise)

The Tale of the Lone Coder and WSDL 2.0...

http://community.codesmithtools.com/forums/p/10000/37140.aspx - thanks smoakey

Let the WSDL autocode, let the WSDL autocode, let the WSDL autocode, let the WSDL auto-COOOOOOODE! - thanks Phil

Get DOWN! DCOM in the trees DCOM in the trees! - Poor Julian might have flashbacks should we bring up DCOM

Was also a great day for game releases. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Scribblenauts (yes I got the rooster hat, and no I will not wear it in to work...ok well I might wear it just for the assessment). Time for me to jump into it. Good night Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment