Friday, February 12, 2010

Great day at work. Gotta love those problems you beat your head into and eventually give up on. It gives us something to strive for. Great Bioshock session as well. Working towards getting good at it once again. Enjoy them:

Me: you know what i hate?
Me: Maven
Me: with a fucking passion
Me: i want it to burn
Phil: The java dependency/build system?
Me: maven 1.0 stuff is completely incompatible with 2
Phil: It's an apache project...you'd expect anything less?
Me: so i spent all this time trying to get something to build with 2
Me: then figured "oh lets try 1"
Me: bam works well enough to fail building
Me: now i'm getting some random ass jelly error
Phil: ass jelly just nearly made me spit-take my tea.

Moops: Thank god it's a 3 day weekend
Me: thank Garth you mean good sir
Moops: Um, I don't acknowledge that there is a Garth.
Me: whoa
Me: whoa
Moops: It's controversial, I know.
Moops: But I can't help what I believe!
Me: Leap 3:12 - "...for all write bugs and fall short of the glory of Garth"

Phil: If you lay a curse upon a java class' family, does that curse apply only to the package or does it go back up the package nesting order?
Phil: I want to make sure I don't damn the entire org.* namespace.
Me: sadly sir it has nothing to do with the packages
Me: only those it inherits from and those who inherit from it directly
Phil: Ah, so if I were to place a pox upon its village THEN I would affect the package?
Me: aye sir
Phil: That's good to have figured out
Me: you're not cursing something that inherits from object directly are you?
Phil: I suppose technically yes, since it's implementing an interface. No explicit inheritence
Phil: Ok, I declare vengeance upon java.sql
Me: oh nooo

4:04 - Can't find the time... - Thanks Phil

Phil: I really wish I could use PHP or Python for database access in Java.
Phil: JDBC makes me feel like I'm trying to unlock a door with a sea bass.
Me: well aren't you?
Me: i think your problem is that you aren't using a herring
Phil: Clearly I need carp.
----Well played sir

Time for the Dr. and perhaps some other stuff. Good night Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment