Friday, August 28, 2009

True Black Magic Programming

I apologize for not posting last night as I was partaking in frothy beverage and producing a handful of pixelated corpses. As I may be out yet again this evening, I will most likely only be producing a single post for the weekend. Enjoy it, Savor it, feel the delicious tingle on your gums. My bad, trailed off thinking of the whiskey.

Yesterday started early:
I had a dream last night about a programming language. It was so strictly procedural that it barely even had primitive types. Access to any data was like trying to grab someone out of a rapidly moving whirlpool. You never pass variables, just throw them into the whirlpool and hopefully the function you want is fast/strong enough to pull them out.

Running hello world could take hours and the letters wouldn't even come out in the right order. There are no strings, just characters, and those characters could come out of that whirlpool in any order.

And some of the days quips:
"You make baby Garth cry"

"When sleeping with French women, be sure to use a try-catch block"

"PCTP: Personal Communication Transfer Protocol"

Not a crossover, but still made some people laugh:"Damnit woman, I said potatoes not fish sticks"

"I think so much about what people say, it consumes the threadpool and causes deadlock"

Our instructor for the day:"Have you been to therapy?"

Instructor:"Do you think in Audio, Visuals, or in Actions?"..."I think in Code"

"I am a Singleton. There is, and can only ever be, one of me, but I'm not thread safe."

"With Garth as my witness"

"Your mama don't spring and your daddy don't hibernate"

"Lucky is still in therapy, but the voices are less frequent now"...seriously how did a paranoid schizophrenic become a children's icon. (They're all after my lucky charms!)


And one of the days quips tended towards self awareness instead of code or jokes of any sort:
Deep down, everything we do, we do for ourselves. Even helping others, we do because it feels good.

I am sorry to have ended on that note today. For now, I must rest. Good night Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment